Bossier Apartment Fire Backlash
As a resident of North Bossier, I was shocked to hear of the slow response time to the fire this past Sunday at the Reserve Apartments. I started to wonder that if ever there were to be a fire at my house, how long would it take them to respond? However, KTBS reports it’s not as cut and dry as I thought it was.
First, the Benton Fire Department was working an outdoor fire at the time the apartment fire was called in. It’s hard to be two places at once.
Second, the fire could have been dealt with if the apartments had fire extinguishers on hand. Normally, the apartments do have them in the building, but they were being serviced and inspected. No replacements were issued to the individuals living in the apartments.
Lastly the fire was possibly started by a cigarette butt thrown in a flower bed. What can we learn from this? Make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand, or your place could be toast. I’ve already got mine…what about you?
Thankfully, no one was hurt.