· Prospect, market, sell and service advertising air time.
· Negotiate business based on industry ratings in order to maximize station revenue and share within parameters set by station management.
· Achieve revenue and share goals set by Sales Manager.
· Develop new advertisers by soliciting area businesses.
· Service clients to maintain positive working relationships.
· Prepare sales orders and production requests in timely manner.
· Resolve billing discrepancies and assist in collections of past due accounts.
· Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales orders, daily call sheets, itineraries, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
· Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
· Follow station/company practices/ policies for processing, invoicing, calculations of sales.
· Adhere to minimum standards of performance as established by Sales Manager.
· Develop account list from various sources.
· Conceive and execute written proposals.
· Additional Responsibilities.
Required Skills/Education & Certification:
· High School graduate, college degree preferred.
· Background in broadcast media sales with a minimum of 3+ years experience.
· Outstanding marketing/presentation skills.
· Strong organization skills.
· Must possess understanding of ratings services.
· Conversant in radio broadcast vocabulary.
· Computer literate.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations relating to advertising copy.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
Townsquare Media is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please mail, fax, or email resume and application (must complete application to be considered for employment) to Rebecca Greene at:
6341 Westport Ave
Shreveport, LA. 71129