Roadway Nightmares In The SBC
Los Angeles, New York, Dallas, Chicago…these big cities have legendary traffic jams. Freeways become parking lots, and a ten mile drive out of the city becomes an hour and a half commute. Thank goodness we don’t have those kinds of problems here in Shreveport-Bossier.
That being said, we still have our share of traffic nightmares in this area. You know…that intersection that you white knuckle all the way through, or that on-ramp you know is going to cause you to shout obscenities, or that left hand turn that no one can ever make because there should be an arrow there…but there’s not. I walked around the office, and asked the folks here at Townsquare Media to give me their lest favorite (most hated) traffic areas.
Here’s what they said:
- Traffic St. onto I-20 West – That short on-ramp is a heart attack waiting to happen!
- Mansfield and Bert Kouns – Wide as the Grand Canyon and twice as scary.
- Airline and E. Texas – There’s never a real rush at rush-hour. Just a slow crawl.
- Texas and Spring – You really need to turn left onto Spring, you really really do…people coming off the bridge have other plans.
- The Jimmie Davis Bridge at PM rush – Might as well paddle your car across the river.
- I-49 N onto I-20 – An exercise in patience. Is anyone ever in the lane they need to be? The answer is no.
- Westport and Pines – You have to have a degree in engineering to figure out the turning lanes.
- Spring onto I-20 East – I’m good as long as no one…WHY THE $#%@ ARE YOU STOPPING?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!
- East Kings and Youree – Do you know what would make this even better? Construction…EVERYWHERE!!
- Airline and I-220 – Pack a lunch…because you’re going to be in badly-timed-red-light hell for the next hour.