Events by EventfulFall 2013 Texas Ave. Makers Fair
- All items must be handmade, handcrafted, reconstructed or creatively re-purposed.
- If you are concerned you don’t fit into one of these categories, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A limited number of 8′ x 8′ non-electric spaces are available to rent for $20. Limit of 2.
- Spaces with electricity are extremely limited and will be available for for $30 for a 8′ x8′ space. Only 1 electrical space per Maker. No exceptions.
- Vendors will need to bring their own table and chairs.
- Please let us know in advance if you have shelves, racks, or other displays that are taller than 3 feet.
Please Honor the Following:
- Vendors who will be taking orders for delivery after the fair must deliver the order or refund the buyer of all upfront costs. Any vendor who does not comply will not be invited back to the fair.
- Consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Smoking will be permitted only in areas that are not under the parking structure to ensure everyone’s comfort.
Hours of Operation:
- Fair hours are from 10 am till 5 pm. No late arrivals or leaving early.
Unloading and Loading:
- All vendors must unload in the attached parking area from 7 am to 9 am. The parking lot will close at 9 am to make way for vendors not under the covered parking area. Failure to park in the designated area by vendors may result in prohibition from the fair. Street parking must be reserved for customers.
- Unload your items to your designated spot and return immediately to your vehicle. You will be directed to vendor parking. There will be volunteers to assist in your unloading and watch your belongings while you park.
- Your vending area will be assigned on the day of the fair. If you would like to be next to someone specific, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Packing up of vending space may begin at 3:45 (but no earlier).
- All belongings must be packed before bringing your vehicle to load out at the curb. Volunteers will be available to assist you in carrying and loading your belongings.
Revenue and Taxes:All proceeds from sales go to the individual vendors. Vendors are responsible for collecting and paying sales tax where applicable. When tax time comes around, you’ll have to pay income tax on all the items you sold and pay the sales tax to the state where the fair is held.We recommend that you contact the Louisiana Department of Revenue and the IRS for more info:
- Louisiana Dept of Revenue: Small business: 225-219-7462, Individual: 225-219-0102 or http://www.rev.state.la.us/
- IRS: 1-800-829-4933 or http://www.irs.gov
Liability:Vendors are responsible for their merchandise in case of loss or damage. All merchandise and personal property must be removed from the premises immediately after closing.By registering for a booth, you agree to the following:
- I agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Texas Avenue Community Association, the City of Shreveport, and Credit Bureau of the South, for any personal injury or property damage resulting from my participation in this event.
- I have read and understand the guidelines posted on the Texas Avenue Makers Fair website and the statement above. By submitting this registration form I agree to adhere to the statement above as well as the Texas Avenue Makers Fair guidelines.