CM Punk to Star in New MTV Reality Show
Subscribe to The Rock Station 99X on
Former WWE Champion and current UFC combatant CM Punk has been a busy boy the last couple of years. Since quitting the WWE, he has turned his attention to writing comic books and starting a MMA career with the UFC.
However, since Punk got dominated by Mickey Gall during his first UFC, there has been a lot of speculation about his future. Punk claims that he will get back into the Octagon to fight again. But, I guess while that deal is being negotiated and finalized, Punk has agreed to appear on a new MTV Reality show.
Punk will be featured on the show The Challenge: Champs vs. Pros. The show pits professional athletes against a group of non-professionals in head-to-head physical competitions.
The upcoming season will see 10 previous champions from the show go up against a group of current and former professional athletes. The series premiere is set for May 16.
Here is a description of the show from MTV:
Each episode will focus on a different strength (agility, ingenuity, brawn, brains, endurance and guts). Every week, the winning team’s captain will choose one member of their team to go into the elimination round, and the rest of the team will vote in their opponent. The losing team’s captain is automatically sent into elimination, and their team will also nominate their opponent. The final male and female competitors of the season will endure the ultimate test, showcasing each strength in one heart-pounding race for the chance to win $50,000 for their favorite charity.
Here’s the complete list of pro athletes slated for the show, as well as the charities they will donate to with potential winnings:
- CM Punk: UFC welterweight fighter (PAWS Chicago)
- Lolo Jones: Olympic hurdler and bobsledder (Hurdles of Hope)
- Candice Wiggins: Former WNBA athlete (Greater Than AIDS)
- Tia Blanco: Pro surfer (St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital)
- Louise Hazel: Olympian and fitness expert (Save the Children)
- Lindsey Jacobellis: Pro snowboarder (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals)
- Gus Kenworthy: Pro skier and Olympic medalist (The Trevor Project and the Happy Hippie Foundation)
- Shawne Merriman: Retired NFL linebacker (Lights On Foundation)
- Louie Vito: Pro snowboarder and Olympian (Wings for Life)
- Kamerion Wimbley: Retired NFL linebacker (Kamerion Wimbley Foundation)