14 Car Pile Up = $4 million
I have lived in a lot of places in my life and every city has different driving habits. From what I have observed:
– Dallas drivers think they are on a NASCAR track and have to be first
– Phoenix drivers are angry
– Montgomery, AL drivers don’t stop at stop signs
– Los Angeles drivers employ the “rolling-stop”
– Shreveport/Bossier City drivers are friendly, but can’t stay in their lane
Then there is Japan. Check this out, how would you like to be the person who started a chain-reaction accident that claimed:
– 8 Ferrari‘s
– 3 Mercedes‘
– 1 Lamborghini
– 1 Nissan Skyline
– 1 Toyota Prius
Well, that is exactly what happened on the freeway heading to Hiroshima in Japan. According to Jalopnik, that is exactly what happened when a Ferrari driver was in the wrong place at the wrong time when he “hit the median and created a reaction that caused the other cars in the lineup to crash.” Here is a Japanese report of the carnage:
While no one was seriously hurt, this accident now goes down as the most expensive car accident in Japanese history. It also closed down the freeway for 6 hours, while they cleaned up the mess.
I am sure the insurance companies are going to have a field day with the drivers on this one. Just be glad it isn’t you.